Sunday, May 2, 2010

Look around and Smile

I looked around outside this morning. I originally thought it would be a bad day. I had so much to do! I had to wake up at seven to babysit and clean. My brother had an arena football game. I don't appreciate all of his sports. They keep me constantly bounded to a life indoors. Yesterday, I babysat one of my six other siblings. The cute three year old, I don't mind him. I mind being inside. I mind cleaning for hours and not getting a thank you, but only complaints about little things, such as the dog's food bowl empty and out. So while my family went out to eat I cleaned and babysat. Today much of the same thing. I cleaned and obeyed. But when I took my dog out my little brother ran out onto the deck. We just recently moved in so we are missing railings and our deck is high up. I was down the stairs and my dog doing her buisness in the mud. "What are you doing!?!" I yelled. He looked down smiling. He layed on his belly and cradled his head in his hands as though ready for a picture. He looked out at the forest preserve behind our house. He just stared into the field. He looked entranced and I watched him. I heard him sigh and suddenly my muddy dog jumped onto me. I pushed her off and yelled. My brothers trance broke and he looked at me hurt. I wasn't sure what I did. "She wanted to play." He said quietly. I looked at him, "She can't jump on people." I stated. "But....but..... look around." He looked back at the forest. I followed his gaze and before I looked back he was looking at me. "But you have to smile and be happy, laugh at her, she just wanted to smile." I never knew a three year old could have such intellectual words. I smiled back at his innocent face. "I'm sorry, I'll smile." I smiled at him. "You better mister!" He went back to his child mind and stood up. "Otherwise....you're a bad guy and I'll destroy you! HA!" He acted like he was punching an invisible villian and walked inside. I smiled and looked at my dog who was sniffing a rock. I stroked her head and walked back upstairs.
<3 PictureThisGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment