Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Strangers are Undiscovered Future Friends:)

Picture this:
Marching. Uniforms. Classes. (This is summer). But Picture: Friends. International people. Roommates. Smiling. Fireworks. Horses. Decks. Smiles. Laughter. Romance. Happiness. Fun. Memorable Moments.
So this is my summer. The first three do apply but... this place is my heaven. This place shows me more than I'd ever see. This place helps me realize that America isn't the only place stuggling. This place helps me remain sane. This place...is home. This place is Culver.
The people that are like my family are so important to me. These people include my roommate for six weeks. Someone that was basically my third roommate and will be very soon. Someone who brought me up whenever I was down. My best guy friend ever. Someone that I bicker with and am very combatative around. Someone I will never forget. Someone in Spain. Someone in Columbia. Someone in Mexico. People that make my life whole.
Funny, last year I never thought these people would matter. They were people I didn't know or care for. These were strangers. But, isn't that how friendship, love, and everything starts? You meet a stranger. And now those same strangers are my world. I couldn't imagine my life without them. Without confessing my problems. Without laughing. Without crying. Without smiling. Without dancing in the rain on the fourth of July. These are the strangers that make my life complete. Had I have never gone to what some people call torture, I wouldn't be who I am. I would be missing out on everything important to me.
Now, summer is rapidly approaching. Those strangers who I've only had contact with by Facebook or Skype or sending sound waves through telephone wires... I'll be able to hug and dance with and see their smile not through a camera, but through my eyes. I haven't been more excited. The last time I had a count down was in third grade for Christmas and that was only for twelve days. Yet, I've now had a count down for Six monthes! Finally only forty seven days until I see all of them and Thirty seven until I see my roommates for life <3
Picturethisgirl <3

No comments:

Post a Comment